UK police arrest 4 people in terror probe
London: British police have arrested four people in an investigation of UK citizens suspected of attending terrorism training camps in Syria.
Metropolitan Police say two men and a woman were arrested today morning in East London. Another man was arrested in Lancashire in northwest England, and all four who are between the ages of 21 and 31 are being questioned by police.
Police said the four were arrested on suspicion of "failing to disclose information which might be of assistance in securing the apprehension, prosecution or conviction of a person involved in an act of terrorism."
The arrests come after police charged two brothers last month with attending a terror training camp in Syria and firearms offences.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Katra helicopter crash: 'Dead pilot' Sumita Vijayan says she is alive