UK police arrest man over extremist website
London: British police say a 23-year-old
man has been arrested on terrorism charges over a website
which urged attacks on lawmakers who voted in favour of the
Officers in central England said the suspect was
detained in the city of Wolverhampton and computer equipment
was removed from his home.
The arrest follows the conviction last week of
Roshonara Choudhry, a 21-year-old woman jailed for at least 15
years after stabbing legislator Stephen Timms in May.
Timms, an ex-government minister, suffered serious
wounds but has recovered.
Prosecutors said Choudhry had consulted extremist
websites, including a British-based site which included a hit
list of legislators.
British and US authorities said internet pages
referred to in the case have been closed down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29