UK police arrest man over extremist website
London: British police say a 23-year-old
man has been arrested on terrorism charges over a website
which urged attacks on lawmakers who voted in favour of the
Officers in central England said the suspect was
detained in the city of Wolverhampton and computer equipment
was removed from his home.
The arrest follows the conviction last week of
Roshonara Choudhry, a 21-year-old woman jailed for at least 15
years after stabbing legislator Stephen Timms in May.
Timms, an ex-government minister, suffered serious
wounds but has recovered.
Prosecutors said Choudhry had consulted extremist
websites, including a British-based site which included a hit
list of legislators.
British and US authorities said internet pages
referred to in the case have been closed down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway