UK police arrest man over extremist website
London: British police say a 23-year-old
man has been arrested on terrorism charges over a website
which urged attacks on lawmakers who voted in favour of the
Officers in central England said the suspect was
detained in the city of Wolverhampton and computer equipment
was removed from his home.
The arrest follows the conviction last week of
Roshonara Choudhry, a 21-year-old woman jailed for at least 15
years after stabbing legislator Stephen Timms in May.
Timms, an ex-government minister, suffered serious
wounds but has recovered.
Prosecutors said Choudhry had consulted extremist
websites, including a British-based site which included a hit
list of legislators.
British and US authorities said internet pages
referred to in the case have been closed down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- DNA: Analysing the existing poor condition of Indian education system
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you