UK police arrest man over extremist website
London: British police say a 23-year-old
man has been arrested on terrorism charges over a website
which urged attacks on lawmakers who voted in favour of the
Officers in central England said the suspect was
detained in the city of Wolverhampton and computer equipment
was removed from his home.
The arrest follows the conviction last week of
Roshonara Choudhry, a 21-year-old woman jailed for at least 15
years after stabbing legislator Stephen Timms in May.
Timms, an ex-government minister, suffered serious
wounds but has recovered.
Prosecutors said Choudhry had consulted extremist
websites, including a British-based site which included a hit
list of legislators.
British and US authorities said internet pages
referred to in the case have been closed down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Donald Trump takes another step back from hard-line stance on illegal immigration
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital