UK police arrest man over extremist website
London: British police say a 23-year-old
man has been arrested on terrorism charges over a website
which urged attacks on lawmakers who voted in favour of the
Officers in central England said the suspect was
detained in the city of Wolverhampton and computer equipment
was removed from his home.
The arrest follows the conviction last week of
Roshonara Choudhry, a 21-year-old woman jailed for at least 15
years after stabbing legislator Stephen Timms in May.
Timms, an ex-government minister, suffered serious
wounds but has recovered.
Prosecutors said Choudhry had consulted extremist
websites, including a British-based site which included a hit
list of legislators.
British and US authorities said internet pages
referred to in the case have been closed down.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city