UK police arrest two in mosque blasts case
London: Two eastern European men were arrested by the British police in connection with explosions near two mosques at Walsall and Tipton in central England.
Police said the men, aged 25 and 22, were arrested in Birmingham and are being questioned.
"The two men were held under the Terrorism Act on suspicion of being involved in the commission, preparation or instigation of an act of terrorism," a police spokesperson said.
They were held after remains of a small explosive device were found near the Aisha Mosque in Walsall on June 22. The two were also arrested in relation to a suspected nail bomb found last week in Tipton.
A loud bang was heard near the Aisha mosque in Walsall, while a second explosion had taken place near Kanzul Iman Masjid mosque in Tipton.
Police were called to the mosque in Walsall a day after the explosion after some locals had discovered debris from a device.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Newly-weds Bipasha Basu-Karan Singh Grover open to share the silver screen!
- Adorable! When 'Sarbjit' Randeep Hooda met 'real/reel' sister Dalbir Kaur! – See pic
- Tweeting often causes eating disorder
- Madhuri Dixit finds 'Housefull 3' cast 'awesome'!
- Bipasha Basu just shared vignettes of 'mad love' on 'The Kapil Sharma Show'! – View pics