UK police charge teen in acid attack on woman
London: British police say a 15-year-old boy has been charged in connection with an acid attack on a woman in northeast London.
The 28-year-old victim, who police have named only as Tara, suffered injuries to her face and torso when she was attacked after answering the door on April 30.
Scotland Yard said today that the teen is accused of throwing corrosive fluid on a person with the intent to do grievous bodily harm.
The teen, who cannot be named because of his age, is to appear in court tomorrow.
Police said that the victim remains in the hospital, where she is being treated for burns.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon