UK police make arrest in tabloid hacking probe
London: British police say they`ve arrested a 16th suspect in their investigation of phone hacking at the now-defunct tabloid News of the World.
The 35-year-old man was arrested at his home on Wednesday morning. Authorities did not release his name.
The arrests are part of a revived investigation into phone hacking by employees at the Sunday tabloid, which was owned by Rupert Murdoch`s News International. None of the suspects has been charged, and one has been cleared.
The News of the World was closed in July amid mounting outrage over the hacking allegations.
The case has also rocked British police and politicians, some of whom are accused of ignoring the shady practices for fear of antagonising the Murdochs` powerful media empire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- Indrani Mukherjea's daughter Sheena Bora was strangled, body burnt with petrol: Mumbai Police chief