UK police make arrest in tabloid hacking probe
London: British police say they`ve arrested a 16th suspect in their investigation of phone hacking at the now-defunct tabloid News of the World.
The 35-year-old man was arrested at his home on Wednesday morning. Authorities did not release his name.
The arrests are part of a revived investigation into phone hacking by employees at the Sunday tabloid, which was owned by Rupert Murdoch`s News International. None of the suspects has been charged, and one has been cleared.
The News of the World was closed in July amid mounting outrage over the hacking allegations.
The case has also rocked British police and politicians, some of whom are accused of ignoring the shady practices for fear of antagonising the Murdochs` powerful media empire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers