UK police probe university bomb threats
London: British police say they are investigating bomb threats that dozens of British universities have received via email.
Metropolitan Police also say they believe the threats may be linked.
A spokesman at Cambridge University confirmed Sunday that it has been receiving almost daily threats by email in the past three weeks.
He said the university made the necessary searches each time and evacuated buildings on three occasions as a precaution, but so far none of the threats have been substantiated.
David Alder, a spokesman for Bristol University, said that institution has received about 12 similar emails since late April and that all have proved to be hoaxes. The emails did not specify any reason or cause, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video