UK police probing reported extremist threat
London: British police say they are
investigating a report that a group of men tried to force a
non-Muslim London woman to wear body-concealing robes.
The Sunday Times quotes an unidentified Bangladeshi
woman as saying she was threatened with death by men who told
her to cover up because she works in an east London district
with a predominantly Muslim population.
The woman said she is an atheist.
Police say they have interviewed the woman and are
working with religious leaders in the community.
They said today they are also investigating separate
incidents in which posters of women in the same London
district were vandalised.
In February police charged three men with committing
religiously aggravated criminal damage in the area.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan