UK police probing reported extremist threat
London: British police say they are
investigating a report that a group of men tried to force a
non-Muslim London woman to wear body-concealing robes.
The Sunday Times quotes an unidentified Bangladeshi
woman as saying she was threatened with death by men who told
her to cover up because she works in an east London district
with a predominantly Muslim population.
The woman said she is an atheist.
Police say they have interviewed the woman and are
working with religious leaders in the community.
They said today they are also investigating separate
incidents in which posters of women in the same London
district were vandalised.
In February police charged three men with committing
religiously aggravated criminal damage in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman