UK police probing reported extremist threat
London: British police say they are
investigating a report that a group of men tried to force a
non-Muslim London woman to wear body-concealing robes.
The Sunday Times quotes an unidentified Bangladeshi
woman as saying she was threatened with death by men who told
her to cover up because she works in an east London district
with a predominantly Muslim population.
The woman said she is an atheist.
Police say they have interviewed the woman and are
working with religious leaders in the community.
They said today they are also investigating separate
incidents in which posters of women in the same London
district were vandalised.
In February police charged three men with committing
religiously aggravated criminal damage in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan