UK police seize record number of counterfeit coins
London: Scotland Yard says it has seized a record number of counterfeit coins in raids on three properties outside of London.
The police force says that it recovered more than GBP 4 million (USD 6.3 million) worth of fake coinage from a freight container during yesterday`s swoop.
In a statement released on Thursday, the force said that three men, ages 52, 43 and 27, had been arrested in connection with the find. It did not name the men.
The statement says the seizure is thought to be the biggest-ever recovery of bogus coins in Britain.
Police are still hunting for the press that made the counterfeit currency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Iraqi army declares Fallujah fully liberated from Islamic State
- Priyanka Chopra opens up about her Hollywood debut 'Baywatch'! – Read more
- How al Qaeda radicalises youth and trains them, reveals arrested militant leader
- Government allows airlines to import up to 18 year old planes
- Pampore terror attack: Centre to send committee to find reason behind security lapse