UK police seize record number of counterfeit coins
London: Scotland Yard says it has seized a record number of counterfeit coins in raids on three properties outside of London.
The police force says that it recovered more than GBP 4 million (USD 6.3 million) worth of fake coinage from a freight container during yesterday`s swoop.
In a statement released on Thursday, the force said that three men, ages 52, 43 and 27, had been arrested in connection with the find. It did not name the men.
The statement says the seizure is thought to be the biggest-ever recovery of bogus coins in Britain.
Police are still hunting for the press that made the counterfeit currency.
- Sussanne Khan clarifies on patching-up with Hrithik Roshan—Details inside!
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar's namesake throws slipper at him in Patna, arrested
- Liquor baron Vijay Mallya resigns from Rajya Sahba
- 'DDLJ' is Bollywood's most evergreen love story: Survey
- Planning to buy stylish shades? Here's your guide to buying perfect sunglasses