UK Prime Minister not worried by `rock star` mayor
London: Boris Johnson has received a hero`s welcome at Britain`s Conservative Party conference, but Prime Minister David Cameron insists he`s not threatened by the London mayor`s "rock star" status.
Crowd-favourite Johnson was careful to use his conference speech today to predict Cameron would win the 2015 election rather than encourage speculation that he would make a bid for the job.
He also basked in post-Olympic glory, calling for British firms to beat the recession with the "can-do" spirit shown during the London Games.
Johnson`s political profile was raised by the successful Olympics and Paralympics, leading some to suggest he should lead the party into the next election.
Cameron told ITV television it was "great that we have got someone with rock star status in the Tory party."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- PM Modi congratulates Zee News for its efforts to promote energy conservation