UK privacy group files NSA surveillance complaint
London: A London-based advocacy group has filed a complaint over America`s international data dragnet, the latest in a growing number of lawsuits and legal actions relating to the sweeping surveillance program.
Privacy International filed today the complaint with the Investigatory Powers Tribunal, Britain`s interception watchdog, over allegations that the National Security Agency and its British counterpart GCHQ are spying on one another`s citizens and sharing the information without adequate legal oversight.
Both intelligence agencies have been shaken by the publication of leaked documents, which have revealed extensive details about their globe-spanning information-gathering effort.
In the United States, groups including the American Civil Liberties Union say they are suing. In Britain, rights group Liberty has also filed a complaint over the spying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron
- Britain probes whether some Sharia courts legitimise forced marriage, divorces unfair to women