UK raises terror alert due to Irish dissidents
London: Britain has raised its terror
alert from Irish dissidents, saying the threat has risen to a
point where an attack on mainland Britain is "a strong
The Home Office says the change was made Friday from
"moderate" to "substantial" the middle rung on the
government`s five-point threat scale.
The threat from international terrorism, which is
ranked on a separate scale, stands at "severe," meaning an
attack is considered highly likely.
The highest level is "critical" meaning an attack is
imminent. The government has never before released the threat
assessment of Irish groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!