UK raises terror alert due to Irish dissidents
London: Britain has raised its terror
alert from Irish dissidents, saying the threat has risen to a
point where an attack on mainland Britain is "a strong
The Home Office says the change was made Friday from
"moderate" to "substantial" the middle rung on the
government`s five-point threat scale.
The threat from international terrorism, which is
ranked on a separate scale, stands at "severe," meaning an
attack is considered highly likely.
The highest level is "critical" meaning an attack is
imminent. The government has never before released the threat
assessment of Irish groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win