UK raises terror alert due to Irish dissidents
London: Britain has raised its terror
alert from Irish dissidents, saying the threat has risen to a
point where an attack on mainland Britain is "a strong
The Home Office says the change was made Friday from
"moderate" to "substantial" the middle rung on the
government`s five-point threat scale.
The threat from international terrorism, which is
ranked on a separate scale, stands at "severe," meaning an
attack is considered highly likely.
The highest level is "critical" meaning an attack is
imminent. The government has never before released the threat
assessment of Irish groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH