UK raises terror alert due to Irish dissidents
London: Britain has raised its terror
alert from Irish dissidents, saying the threat has risen to a
point where an attack on mainland Britain is "a strong
The Home Office says the change was made Friday from
"moderate" to "substantial" the middle rung on the
government`s five-point threat scale.
The threat from international terrorism, which is
ranked on a separate scale, stands at "severe," meaning an
attack is considered highly likely.
The highest level is "critical" meaning an attack is
imminent. The government has never before released the threat
assessment of Irish groups.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in