UK rebukes Iran for calling Britons stupid
London: Britain`s Foreign Office says
its ambassador to Iran has rebuked the country`s vice
president for calling British people idiots.
In a speech Monday, Mohammad Reza Rahimi said
Britons were "a bunch of idiots ruled by mafia," and
criticised Prime Minister David Cameron`s inexperience.
Though British officials usually let such remarks
pass, Ambassador Simon Gass wrote a blog posting in Farsi on a
government Website sharply criticizing Rahimi.
He said the Iranian official had shown a lack of
respect with his "illogical and worthless remark."
The Foreign Office says it decided Rahimi`s
comments merited a response.
Britain is one of six nations negotiating with
Tehran over its disputed nuclear programme. Iran denies it is
developing nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters