UK rebukes Iran for calling Britons stupid
London: Britain`s Foreign Office says
its ambassador to Iran has rebuked the country`s vice
president for calling British people idiots.
In a speech Monday, Mohammad Reza Rahimi said
Britons were "a bunch of idiots ruled by mafia," and
criticised Prime Minister David Cameron`s inexperience.
Though British officials usually let such remarks
pass, Ambassador Simon Gass wrote a blog posting in Farsi on a
government Website sharply criticizing Rahimi.
He said the Iranian official had shown a lack of
respect with his "illogical and worthless remark."
The Foreign Office says it decided Rahimi`s
comments merited a response.
Britain is one of six nations negotiating with
Tehran over its disputed nuclear programme. Iran denies it is
developing nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Shah Rukh, Ranbir, Abhishek and Amitabh clicked together at Pro Kabaddi League! Pics inside
- BJP's Yashwant Sinha slams NDA policy towards Pakistan, hints at war-like-situation
- Music-sharing and larger emojis for WhatsApp for iOS soon?
- After Mumbai Indians, Krunal and Hardik Pandya to play for new team
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue