UK reporters working for Iranian TV held in Libya
London: Iranian television station Press TV says two British journalists are being held in the Libyan capital, Tripoli.
Britain`s Foreign Office said on Friday that two British nationals were detained on Wednesday and said the British embassy in Tripoli was providing assistance. It would give no further details.
It declined to provide more details, but Press TV identified the two men on its website as reporter Nicholas Davies and cameraman Gareth Montgomery-Johnson.
Press TV says the two men were seized by members of the Misrata Brigade militia on Tuesday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok