UK reporters working for Iranian TV held in Libya
London: Iranian television station Press TV says two British journalists are being held in the Libyan capital, Tripoli.
Britain`s Foreign Office said on Friday that two British nationals were detained on Wednesday and said the British embassy in Tripoli was providing assistance. It would give no further details.
It declined to provide more details, but Press TV identified the two men on its website as reporter Nicholas Davies and cameraman Gareth Montgomery-Johnson.
Press TV says the two men were seized by members of the Misrata Brigade militia on Tuesday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- UPSC Results 2014: Meet top three toppers