UK reporters working for Iranian TV held in Libya
London: Iranian television station Press TV says two British journalists are being held in the Libyan capital, Tripoli.
Britain`s Foreign Office said on Friday that two British nationals were detained on Wednesday and said the British embassy in Tripoli was providing assistance. It would give no further details.
It declined to provide more details, but Press TV identified the two men on its website as reporter Nicholas Davies and cameraman Gareth Montgomery-Johnson.
Press TV says the two men were seized by members of the Misrata Brigade militia on Tuesday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users