UK reporters working for Iranian TV held in Libya
London: Iranian television station Press TV says two British journalists are being held in the Libyan capital, Tripoli.
Britain`s Foreign Office said on Friday that two British nationals were detained on Wednesday and said the British embassy in Tripoli was providing assistance. It would give no further details.
It declined to provide more details, but Press TV identified the two men on its website as reporter Nicholas Davies and cameraman Gareth Montgomery-Johnson.
Press TV says the two men were seized by members of the Misrata Brigade militia on Tuesday morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- VIDEO: Ambidextrous Sri Lankan Kamindu Mendis bowling with both hands
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic