UK Royal baby Prince George`s official photos released
London: Prince William and his wife Kate Middleton on Tuesday released the first official photographs of their son Prince George, four weeks after the baby was born.
The intimate pictures were taken by Kate`s father Michael Middleton in a shady spot of the garden of the family home in Bucklebury, Berkshire, earlier this month.
Lying peacefully in the arms of the Duchess of Cambridge, the newborn, who is third in line to the throne, seems to be sleeping, oblivious to what is going on around him or the duties that will one day be expected of him, The Independent reported.
The Duke of Cambridge, 31, stands to the left of his wife in both photographs, looking on proudly with a protective arm around Kate.
Kate, 31, wearing a long maroon dress and with her long hair in waves over her shoulders and William in jeans and a blue gingham shirt with the top buttons undone, are both smiling directly into the camera.
Wrapped in a white blanket similar to the one he was in when he was brought out of St Mary`s Hospital in Paddington, central London, the day after he was born, the only part of George that can be seen is his head, which is crowned by a soft layer of hair.
In one of the photos, the royal couple are joined by their black cocker spaniel Lupo while Tilly, a golden retriever belonging to the Middleton family, can be seen lying down behind them.
The couple look relaxed and are sitting on the lawn with bright sunlight and the garden behind them, while William has one arm around his wife and the other around Lupo.
In the second, more formal, photo, Kate and William are both standing up, their faces framed by the bright green leaves of the trees around them.
The photos were released by Kensington Palace exactly four weeks after George was born on July 22.
In his first interview since he became a father, William said his young son reminded him of himself or Prince Harry.
"He`s a little bit of a rascal, I`ll put it that way. He either reminds me of my brother or me when I was younger, I`m not sure, but he`s doing very well at the moment," he said.
"He`s growing quite quickly actually. But he`s a little fighter, he wriggles around quite a lot and he doesn`t want to go to sleep that much," William said.
William also revealed that his wife Kate has been handling more of the night duties with the baby and admitted he was looking forward to going back to his job as a Royal Air Force search-and-rescue pilot in order to catch up on some much-needed sleep.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj