UK Royal baby: Speculation mounts as William, Kate head to London
London: Kate and Prince William sparked a false royal baby birth alarm after they drove from her parents` house in rural Berkshire in a convoy, which included protection vehicles to their Kensington Palace home.
It is only five minutes` drive from her chosen maternity unit at St Mary`s Hospital, Paddington, the Daily Express reported.
According to royal sources, Kate, 31, remained in a relaxed mood after spending much of the last week cocooned with Prince William at her parents` 5 million-pound Georgian manor house in Bucklebury.
A visible police presence in the village suggested the couple were heading back to the house, on Friday.
The Duchess of Cambridge has no pressure to show off the baby to the current monarch before Kate`s parents see the child.
The sources remained confident that the baby will be there in time for the Queen to get her wish and see her new great-grandchild before she leaves for Balmoral on Friday.
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why