UK says China quarantines 52 British students
London: Britain`s Foreign Office said on Saturday that China has placed 52 visiting British students in quarantine after four of the group were hospitalized with suspected swine flu.
The Foreign Office said it had not established where the students are from, but said they were being confined to their hotel in Beijing.
The Specialist Schools and Academies Trust said the students were among a group of 278 teenagers aged 14 and up and 49 teachers which left earlier this week and was due to return from China on July 27 and 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?