UK says China quarantines 52 British students
London: Britain`s Foreign Office said on Saturday that China has placed 52 visiting British students in quarantine after four of the group were hospitalized with suspected swine flu.
The Foreign Office said it had not established where the students are from, but said they were being confined to their hotel in Beijing.
The Specialist Schools and Academies Trust said the students were among a group of 278 teenagers aged 14 and up and 49 teachers which left earlier this week and was due to return from China on July 27 and 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report