UK says China quarantines 52 British students
London: Britain`s Foreign Office said on Saturday that China has placed 52 visiting British students in quarantine after four of the group were hospitalized with suspected swine flu.
The Foreign Office said it had not established where the students are from, but said they were being confined to their hotel in Beijing.
The Specialist Schools and Academies Trust said the students were among a group of 278 teenagers aged 14 and up and 49 teachers which left earlier this week and was due to return from China on July 27 and 28.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why