UK seizes record cocaine haul
London: British officials say they have
seized about 300 million pounds (USD 492 million) worth of
cocaine in a record-setting drug bust on a pleasure boat.
The UK Border Agency and Serious Organized Crime
Agency said today 1.2 tons of cocaine were found hidden in a
specially-designed compartment on a boat docked in southern
England in June.
Officials said it is the largest-ever haul of Class A
drugs ever found in the UK. The UK classifies Class A drugs as
the most likely to cause harm.
French authorities alerted British officials to the
suspicious craft in May. It was traveling to the Netherlands
via Southampton, in southern England.
Officials say the discovery of the drugs in June led
to six arrests this week by Dutch police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state