UK seizes record cocaine haul
London: British officials say they have
seized about 300 million pounds (USD 492 million) worth of
cocaine in a record-setting drug bust on a pleasure boat.
The UK Border Agency and Serious Organized Crime
Agency said today 1.2 tons of cocaine were found hidden in a
specially-designed compartment on a boat docked in southern
England in June.
Officials said it is the largest-ever haul of Class A
drugs ever found in the UK. The UK classifies Class A drugs as
the most likely to cause harm.
French authorities alerted British officials to the
suspicious craft in May. It was traveling to the Netherlands
via Southampton, in southern England.
Officials say the discovery of the drugs in June led
to six arrests this week by Dutch police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway