UK: Severe flooding hits Wales, 150 people evacuated
London: Authorities say parts of Wales have been hit by severe flooding, forcing around 150 people from campsites and their homes.
The Environment Agency said today that up to five inches of rain had fallen over the past 24 hours, setting off flood warnings in five different parts of the country.
Police said four campsites along the River Leri were evacuated as the floodwaters rose. In Talybont, about185 kilometers from the Welsh capital, Cardiff, water surged through the village, forcing some people to be rescued by helicopter.
Police say three people suffered minor injuries.
The Environment Agency says the floods have reached their peak in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation