UK: Severe flooding hits Wales, 150 people evacuated
London: Authorities say parts of Wales have been hit by severe flooding, forcing around 150 people from campsites and their homes.
The Environment Agency said today that up to five inches of rain had fallen over the past 24 hours, setting off flood warnings in five different parts of the country.
Police said four campsites along the River Leri were evacuated as the floodwaters rose. In Talybont, about185 kilometers from the Welsh capital, Cardiff, water surged through the village, forcing some people to be rescued by helicopter.
Police say three people suffered minor injuries.
The Environment Agency says the floods have reached their peak in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days