UK: Severe flooding hits Wales, 150 people evacuated
London: Authorities say parts of Wales have been hit by severe flooding, forcing around 150 people from campsites and their homes.
The Environment Agency said today that up to five inches of rain had fallen over the past 24 hours, setting off flood warnings in five different parts of the country.
Police said four campsites along the River Leri were evacuated as the floodwaters rose. In Talybont, about185 kilometers from the Welsh capital, Cardiff, water surged through the village, forcing some people to be rescued by helicopter.
Police say three people suffered minor injuries.
The Environment Agency says the floods have reached their peak in some areas.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK's exit from EU: India prepared for all eventualities, says Shaktikanta Das
- Britain exits European Union, first country to leave 28-nation bloc
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part II
- Panel discussion over India losing NSG membership bid Part III