UK soldier arrested, suspected of terror offences
London: Authorities say a British soldier has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences after a suspected bomb was found at a house in Manchester.
The Ministry of Defence said today the Royal Military Police are working with police in the investigation. It declined to provide details on the suspect.
Greater Manchester Police say a 19-year-old man was arrested on Monday in connection with the discovery of the device at a house last week.
Neighbours were evacuated, and bomb disposal officers were called to remove the device from the scene.
The soldier, who is based in Germany, was flown to Britain for questioning by police before he was released on bail yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP