UK soldier arrested, suspected of terror offences
London: Authorities say a British soldier has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences after a suspected bomb was found at a house in Manchester.
The Ministry of Defence said today the Royal Military Police are working with police in the investigation. It declined to provide details on the suspect.
Greater Manchester Police say a 19-year-old man was arrested on Monday in connection with the discovery of the device at a house last week.
Neighbours were evacuated, and bomb disposal officers were called to remove the device from the scene.
The soldier, who is based in Germany, was flown to Britain for questioning by police before he was released on bail yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Kazakhstan beats Thailand in race for Asian seat on Security Council
- The human body refreshes itself every seven years! - Watch video
- UK Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn refuses to resign after losing confidence vote
- Serena Williams, Andy Murray cruise at rain-lashed Wimbledon
- 262 new faunal species discovered in India in 2015: Official