UK soldier arrested, suspected of terror offences
London: Authorities say a British soldier has been arrested on suspicion of terrorism offences after a suspected bomb was found at a house in Manchester.
The Ministry of Defence said today the Royal Military Police are working with police in the investigation. It declined to provide details on the suspect.
Greater Manchester Police say a 19-year-old man was arrested on Monday in connection with the discovery of the device at a house last week.
Neighbours were evacuated, and bomb disposal officers were called to remove the device from the scene.
The soldier, who is based in Germany, was flown to Britain for questioning by police before he was released on bail yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read