UK spy agency snooped user activities on Facebook, Youtube
London: UK spy agency GCHQ reportedly snooped-on Facebook and YouTube activities of users, documents released by NSA whistleblower Edward Snowden have revealed.
The documents have revealed that the GCHQ monitored YouTube video views, Facebook `likes` and Blogger visits among other activities in real-time.
According to the BBC, the alleged programme, codenamed Squeaky Dolphin, exposed recently, pointed that the GCHQ and the US` NSA took help of `leaky mobile apps` like Angry Birds, Facebook, etc. to pull out users` data.
Post revelations, Facebook has started encrypting its data, but Google` YouTube and Blogger services remain unencrypted and the search giant`s legal chief David Grummond expressed shock, surprise and outrage over the alleged revelations.
The documents revealed commercially available software Splunk Dashboard was used to provide real-time analysis of how people use YouTube, Facebook and Blogger, allowing organizations to `listen` to their own data.
The report said that both YouTube and Facebook have denied giving permission to the GCHQ to access user data.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened