UK teacher banned for using aerosol on Asian kids
London: A nursery teacher in Britain, who sprayed Asian pupils with air freshener for smelling of curry, has been banned from teaching for a minimum of two years.
Elizabeth Davies, 50, who was found guilty of a string of charges by a General Teaching Council for Wales (GCTW), was struck off the teaching register after she humiliated children aged three to six in her primary school class.
“It is our view that Mrs Davies’ behaviour strikes at the heart of what it is to be a teacher,” the Daily Mail quoted panel chairman Peter Williams as saying.
He went on to describe it as a “complete disregard for the children’s dignity which should be preserved at all times”, and that it included an “insensitivity to the (children’s) needs, in particular in relation to their intimate care”.
The Cardiff hearing was told that Davies would use the air freshener in the morning after accusing Bangladeshi children of smelling of “onions or curry”.
The panel heard how Davies, a nursery school teacher for 21 years, would warn youngsters “there is a waft coming in from paradise” moments before targeting them with air freshener.
She would then target a short, sharp squirt at an offending child’s bottom.
Davies, who was working at Hafod Primary School in Swansea at the time, was found guilty of leaving wet or soiled children unchanged and also prevented other support staff changing them.
Children were made to stand on newspaper in their soiled or wet condition until collected by their parents.
The GCTW panel ruled that guilt in all five offences together amounted to unacceptable professional conduct.
The prohibition order served on the teacher will operate for a minimum of two years before she is eligible for readmission to the teaching register.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'