UK teen plunges to death while trying to save brother
London: In a heroic act, a 16-year-old boy in the UK slipped and fell 60 feet to his death from a cliff while trying to save his younger brother.
The brave-heart teenager Toby Hart slipped off the cliff while trying to stop his 11-year-old sibling Stephen, with special needs, from getting too close to the edge in July last year, an inquest heard yesterday.
The youngster fell onto rocks at the beach. He was taken by an air ambulance to the Royal Cornwall Hospital where he died of head injuries, the `Daily Express` reported.
The parents of the boy said there were no warning signs about the dangers of the cliff but they felt it would not have stopped his death.
Cornwall Coroner Emma Carlyon recorded a case of accidental death at the inquest, the report said.
Witness Phillipa Sharp, an off duty nurse, had tried to resuscitate the boy after his death while others called for emergency services.
She described the moment she saw the grass give way and Toby tragically fell to his death.
"I glanced up again to see that one of them had slipped. His arms were failing. He struck the cliff twice before cartwheeling through the air," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India