UK terror suspect’s pregnant wife faces charge
London: The pregnant wife of a British Muslim convert accused of travelling to Pakistan for terrorism training has also been charged with a terrorism-related offense, her lawyer said on Tuesday.
Frida Hussain said in a London court that Ayan Hadi, 30, had been charged with withholding information about the preparation of acts of terrorism. She is due to appear in a magistrate`s court in September.
Hadi is the wife of Richard Dart, who was one of three men charged earlier with traveling to Pakistan for training.
Hussain said the woman is due to give birth in February, and suffers from a life-threatening condition linked to her pregnancy.
Dart, who appeared in a BBC documentary after converting to Islam, is charged with preparing for acts of terrorism between July 2010 and July 2012 along with Imran Mahmood and Jahangir Alom.
They are accused of travelling abroad to commit acts of terrorism and advising and counseling the commission of terrorism acts by providing information about travel to Pakistan, terrorism training and operational security while there.
The three men spoke only to confirm their identities during a brief appearance by videolink.
Ruksana Begum, who is charged with possession of a digital memory card containing a document likely to be of use to a terrorist, also appeared by video.
The four were ordered to remain in custody until a hearing in November.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- View from space: Bahamas reef looks like a watercolor painting!
- Madame Tussauds to unveil PM Narendra Modi's wax statue in London today
- WATCH: Hilarious! Chris Gayle performs on 'Champion' song; asks fans to contact him for bookings
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: SC to hear plea next week on FIR against 'bribe-takers'
- Wow! KFC India to replace plastic packaging with edible bowls!