UK terror suspect’s pregnant wife faces charge
London: The pregnant wife of a British Muslim convert accused of travelling to Pakistan for terrorism training has also been charged with a terrorism-related offense, her lawyer said on Tuesday.
Frida Hussain said in a London court that Ayan Hadi, 30, had been charged with withholding information about the preparation of acts of terrorism. She is due to appear in a magistrate`s court in September.
Hadi is the wife of Richard Dart, who was one of three men charged earlier with traveling to Pakistan for training.
Hussain said the woman is due to give birth in February, and suffers from a life-threatening condition linked to her pregnancy.
Dart, who appeared in a BBC documentary after converting to Islam, is charged with preparing for acts of terrorism between July 2010 and July 2012 along with Imran Mahmood and Jahangir Alom.
They are accused of travelling abroad to commit acts of terrorism and advising and counseling the commission of terrorism acts by providing information about travel to Pakistan, terrorism training and operational security while there.
The three men spoke only to confirm their identities during a brief appearance by videolink.
Ruksana Begum, who is charged with possession of a digital memory card containing a document likely to be of use to a terrorist, also appeared by video.
The four were ordered to remain in custody until a hearing in November.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jharkhand: 2 dead, several injured in clashes between police, villagers in Ramgarh
- Delhi minister meets Jain monk over Vishal Dadlani tweet controversy
- One killed in annual bull racing in Peru
- 16-year-old Indian-origin boy finds cure for breast cancer treatment
- Heartbreaking! Denied medical help, 12-year-old UP boy dies on dad's shoulder
- Swiss fighter jet missing, believed crashed: Ministry
- PM Narendra Modi reviews plans to counter strike by trade unions
- 'Indo-US logistic pact is not agreement to set up bases'
- Defiant Rousseff says Brazil's democracy on trial with her
- Small group holding majority to ransom: Manohar Parrikar on Kashmir