UK theme park closes after fire
London: A British theme park was forced to close after a fire broke out in a cafe and spread to an attraction on Saturday.
An alert was raised at Chessington World of Adventures in Surrey just after 1400 IST, London Fire Brigade said.
The fire started before the attraction opened and no one was injured, the park said in a statement.
The flames were brought under control by about 1650 IST.
The blaze was near the zoo and all the animals had been moved to a safe place, the fire service said.
A statement posted on the park`s website said: "Due to unforeseen circumstances, Chessington will be closed today."
Emergency procedures were immediately put into operation when the blaze broke out, with fire engines on the scene within minutes, it said.
"The theme park and zoo were closed at the time of this incident and therefore no guests were involved.
"All staff areas were immediately evacuated and all staff and animals are safe and well," the statement said.
The park said fire crews remained on site, and managers and the fire service would be investigating the blaze.
London Fire Brigade said about 40 firefighters attended the scene, where the fire affected a cafe and part of an attraction.
- Death toll from collapsed building in Kenya rises to 22
- Assembly polls 2016: Arch political rivals PM Narendra Modi, Sonia Gandhi soon to hit Kerala
- Several radical mosques under surveillance: German intelligence head
- NEET exemption row: Supreme Court to hear fresh plea regarding MBBS, BDS entrance test today
- Prisoners revolt in Syria's Hama jail, seize guards - Syrian Observatory