UK theme park closes after fire
London: A British theme park was forced to close after a fire broke out in a cafe and spread to an attraction on Saturday.
An alert was raised at Chessington World of Adventures in Surrey just after 1400 IST, London Fire Brigade said.
The fire started before the attraction opened and no one was injured, the park said in a statement.
The flames were brought under control by about 1650 IST.
The blaze was near the zoo and all the animals had been moved to a safe place, the fire service said.
A statement posted on the park`s website said: "Due to unforeseen circumstances, Chessington will be closed today."
Emergency procedures were immediately put into operation when the blaze broke out, with fire engines on the scene within minutes, it said.
"The theme park and zoo were closed at the time of this incident and therefore no guests were involved.
"All staff areas were immediately evacuated and all staff and animals are safe and well," the statement said.
The park said fire crews remained on site, and managers and the fire service would be investigating the blaze.
London Fire Brigade said about 40 firefighters attended the scene, where the fire affected a cafe and part of an attraction.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'