UK think tank postpones Petraeus award
London: A leading British defence think tank says it will delay presenting US Gen David Petraeus with its highest honour given the scandal surrounding his affair with his biographer.
Petraeus resigned his post as director of the Central Intelligence Agency on Friday after admitting to the extramarital relationship.
London`s Royal United Services Institute was due to issue the Chesney Gold Medal the think tank`s highest award to the former top US commander in Iraq and Afghanistan on Nov 26.
The institute said today that after discussing the matter with Petraeus, it decided to postpone the award`s presentation until early 2013 "in light of recent events."
Past medal recipients include Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest