UK think tank postpones Petraeus award
London: A leading British defence think tank says it will delay presenting US Gen David Petraeus with its highest honour given the scandal surrounding his affair with his biographer.
Petraeus resigned his post as director of the Central Intelligence Agency on Friday after admitting to the extramarital relationship.
London`s Royal United Services Institute was due to issue the Chesney Gold Medal the think tank`s highest award to the former top US commander in Iraq and Afghanistan on Nov 26.
The institute said today that after discussing the matter with Petraeus, it decided to postpone the award`s presentation until early 2013 "in light of recent events."
Past medal recipients include Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter