UK think tank postpones Petraeus award
London: A leading British defence think tank says it will delay presenting US Gen David Petraeus with its highest honour given the scandal surrounding his affair with his biographer.
Petraeus resigned his post as director of the Central Intelligence Agency on Friday after admitting to the extramarital relationship.
London`s Royal United Services Institute was due to issue the Chesney Gold Medal the think tank`s highest award to the former top US commander in Iraq and Afghanistan on Nov 26.
The institute said today that after discussing the matter with Petraeus, it decided to postpone the award`s presentation until early 2013 "in light of recent events."
Past medal recipients include Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’