UK think tank postpones Petraeus award
London: A leading British defence think tank says it will delay presenting US Gen David Petraeus with its highest honour given the scandal surrounding his affair with his biographer.
Petraeus resigned his post as director of the Central Intelligence Agency on Friday after admitting to the extramarital relationship.
London`s Royal United Services Institute was due to issue the Chesney Gold Medal the think tank`s highest award to the former top US commander in Iraq and Afghanistan on Nov 26.
The institute said today that after discussing the matter with Petraeus, it decided to postpone the award`s presentation until early 2013 "in light of recent events."
Past medal recipients include Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional