UK think tank postpones Petraeus award
London: A leading British defence think tank says it will delay presenting US Gen David Petraeus with its highest honour given the scandal surrounding his affair with his biographer.
Petraeus resigned his post as director of the Central Intelligence Agency on Friday after admitting to the extramarital relationship.
London`s Royal United Services Institute was due to issue the Chesney Gold Medal the think tank`s highest award to the former top US commander in Iraq and Afghanistan on Nov 26.
The institute said today that after discussing the matter with Petraeus, it decided to postpone the award`s presentation until early 2013 "in light of recent events."
Past medal recipients include Winston Churchill and Margaret Thatcher.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'