UK toddler survives 20ft fall with barely a scratch
London: A UK toddler narrowly escaped death, surviving a 20-feet fall after he bounced off his bed and fell through the window of his house.
Leo Fernando - only 23 months old - plummeted on to a concrete patio but miraculously was barely hurt. His only injuries were a cut knee and grazed forehead.
Leo had been playing with brother Jayhan and his father Antony when he suddenly sprinted over to the window, jumped on the bed and bounced himself outside.
Antony tried to grab Leo who catapulted himself through the air, `The Sun` reported.
Antony missed and the boy`s frantic mother Emma heard him shrieking: "Oh my God, Leo`s fallen out of the window."
"I was in another room and screamed - then rushed out into the garden. I found Leo standing up with blood all over his face and crying," Emma said.
"I snatched him up and hugged him as my mum called the ambulance. I was wiping the blood out of his eyes when the paramedics arrived," she added.
Leo was rushed to hospital for X-rays - which amazingly revealed no broken bones.
"The nurses said what saved his life was that he wasn`t scared - and didn`t stiffen up when he fell. He also bounced off the lower window sill, which broke his fall a bit," Emma said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...