UK: Train drivers threaten strike during Olympics
London: Olympic transport chaos may have just gotten worse. Some 400 train workers are threatening to strike for three days in central England during the games.
Drivers for East Midlands Trains said today the strike would be from August 06 to 08. The games begin on July 27 and end on August 12.
The strikes could be highly disruptive to the games as Olympic soccer matches are being held across the United Kingdom, many workers are coming from outside of London and thousands of spectators are likely to use trains to get to venues around the capital.
Members of the ASLEF union said the proposed action is over pension reforms. The union is still in talks with management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi