UK: Train drivers threaten strike during Olympics
London: Olympic transport chaos may have just gotten worse. Some 400 train workers are threatening to strike for three days in central England during the games.
Drivers for East Midlands Trains said today the strike would be from August 06 to 08. The games begin on July 27 and end on August 12.
The strikes could be highly disruptive to the games as Olympic soccer matches are being held across the United Kingdom, many workers are coming from outside of London and thousands of spectators are likely to use trains to get to venues around the capital.
Members of the ASLEF union said the proposed action is over pension reforms. The union is still in talks with management.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch