UK trial of 9 on US embassy terror plot begins
London: Nine men suspected of plotting attacks on the US embassy and the London Stock Exchange are to go on trial in London.
Prosecutors say the men arrested in December 2010 in the largest British anti-terror raid in two years had planned to blow up several prominent buildings. All have pleaded not guilty to conspiring to cause explosions. Their trial is scheduled to begin at Woolwich Crown Court in south London on Monday.
The men are aged between 20 and 30 and were arrested in London, Cardiff and Stoke-on-Trent in central England.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'