UK: Woman battered to death 3 days before delivery
London: In a gruesome murder, a British woman has been battered to death barely three days ahead of delivering her baby who was also killed in the incident.
College student Eystna Blunnie, 20, was found with multiple head injuries on a busy road at 3 am. A heavily-pregnant Eystna was rushed to hospital Wednesday morning. But she was later pronounced dead, The Sun reported Friday.
On Thursday night, Essex police were questioning her ex-boyfriend Tony McLernon, 23, on suspicion of murder and over the death of the unborn child.
Officers described the incident as a suspected domestic-related killing.
In a statement, Eystna`s parents said: "Our daughter and granddaughter have been taken from us in such a tragic and horrific way. We can`t begin to explain how we feel."
Eystna, from Harlow, Essex, had recently posted on Facebook an ultrasound picture of her unborn daughter - whom she had named Mia Rose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof