UK: Woman battered to death 3 days before delivery
London: In a gruesome murder, a British woman has been battered to death barely three days ahead of delivering her baby who was also killed in the incident.
College student Eystna Blunnie, 20, was found with multiple head injuries on a busy road at 3 am. A heavily-pregnant Eystna was rushed to hospital Wednesday morning. But she was later pronounced dead, The Sun reported Friday.
On Thursday night, Essex police were questioning her ex-boyfriend Tony McLernon, 23, on suspicion of murder and over the death of the unborn child.
Officers described the incident as a suspected domestic-related killing.
In a statement, Eystna`s parents said: "Our daughter and granddaughter have been taken from us in such a tragic and horrific way. We can`t begin to explain how we feel."
Eystna, from Harlow, Essex, had recently posted on Facebook an ultrasound picture of her unborn daughter - whom she had named Mia Rose.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'El Chapo' appeals extradition to US
- Rahul to lead 'Mashal Juloos' in protest against power cuts, water crisis in Delhi
- CBSE Class Xth Results 2016 to be declared today at 2 pm; check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- WATCH: MIRACLE! This fielder did the unthinkable during GL vs SRH Qualifier 2
- Marcus Rashford nets place in record books as England beat Australia 2-1