Ukraine: 195 miners survive coal mine fire
Kiev: Some 195 miners managed to escape unscathed when a fire broke out at a coal mine in Ukraine early Monday, officials said.
According to Ukraine`s Emergencies Ministry, the blaze broke out at 2 a.m. in Samsonovska coal mine in Lugansk region when 195 miners were working underground. All the miners returned to the surface safely, Xinhua reported.
The operations at the mine were halted.
A probe, meanwhile, has been launched into the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj