Ukraine crisis: Crimea vote to join Russia is `unconstitutional`
Zee Media Bureau
Kiev: A day after the Crimea`s lawmakers raised their voices in favour of joining Russia, the interim Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk on Friday said that the move will be “unconstitutional” and “won`t be recognised.”
Yatsenyuk further said that even if the Crimean lawmakers voted in favour of joining Russia in mid-March, “no one in the civilized world” will agree to it, as per a BBC report.
The lawmakers have decided to put a referendum before the Crimean citizens on March 16 on whether they want secession of Crimea to Russia or would like to continue to be a part of the country.
Reacting to the recent development, Ukraine`s Economy Minister Pavlo Sheremeta had termed the move as unconstitutional.
Crimea has been on the international watch after Russian flags were hoisted on top of the government buildings amidst the ongoing crisis in the country.
The interim PM has also asked Russia to withdraw its troops from the region which started infiltrating the area last week.
Meanwhile, the Crimea’s Parliament has refused to recognise the interim Ukrainian government terming it as “illegitimate.”
While Russia has reportedly said that it would abide by Crimea’s decision if it voted in favour of joining the country, France has said that no final call on the subject will be taken unless Ukraine makes a final decision on the subject.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'