Ukraine crisis: Crimea vote to join Russia is `unconstitutional`
Zee Media Bureau
Kiev: A day after the Crimea`s lawmakers raised their voices in favour of joining Russia, the interim Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk on Friday said that the move will be “unconstitutional” and “won`t be recognised.”
Yatsenyuk further said that even if the Crimean lawmakers voted in favour of joining Russia in mid-March, “no one in the civilized world” will agree to it, as per a BBC report.
The lawmakers have decided to put a referendum before the Crimean citizens on March 16 on whether they want secession of Crimea to Russia or would like to continue to be a part of the country.
Reacting to the recent development, Ukraine`s Economy Minister Pavlo Sheremeta had termed the move as unconstitutional.
Crimea has been on the international watch after Russian flags were hoisted on top of the government buildings amidst the ongoing crisis in the country.
The interim PM has also asked Russia to withdraw its troops from the region which started infiltrating the area last week.
Meanwhile, the Crimea’s Parliament has refused to recognise the interim Ukrainian government terming it as “illegitimate.”
While Russia has reportedly said that it would abide by Crimea’s decision if it voted in favour of joining the country, France has said that no final call on the subject will be taken unless Ukraine makes a final decision on the subject.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days