Ukraine judge refuses to free ex-PM from custody
Kiev: A judge rejected a request by former Ukrainian prime minister Yulia Tymoshenko`s lawyers on Monday to free her from police detention during her trial on a charge of abuse of office.
The judge handed down his ruling as thousands of supporters gathered outside the courtroom on Kiev`s main thoroughfare, calling for her release from police custody.
Tymoshenko was placed in police detention last Friday for contempt of court after refusing repeatedly to cooperate with the judge and denouncing him as a "puppet" of President Viktor Yanukovich, her political opponent. The United States and the European Union have criticised her detention.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof