Ukraine lawmakers to hold special session over PM resignation
Kiev: Ukraine`s lawmakers will meet in a special session on Thursday to decide whether to accept or reject the sudden resignation of the prime minister, the presidency said.
The special parliamentary session would also discuss a Dutch-led investigation into last week`s downing of Malaysian flight MH17 in rebel-held east Ukraine, the presidency said.
Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk quit in fury over the collapse of his ruling coalition on Thursday, plunging the country into political uncertainty as Kiev battles a deadly insurgency in the east.
His resignation has not been ratified by parliament, and President Petro Poroshenko said in a statement issued late Friday that he "counts on further cooperation with Arseniy Yatsenyuk and the entire Cabinet of Ministers".
In a sign that the political upheaval in the cash-strapped country is ringing alarm bells, both IMF chief Christine Lagarde and US Vice President Joe Biden spoke on the phone with Poroshenko on Friday.
In talks with Lagarde, Poroshenko said he "assured that Ukraine was ready to fulfill all its obligations" agreed under a $17.0 billion (12.7 billion euro) bailout accorded by the IMF in late April.
The president said Biden meanwhile emphasised Washington`s readiness to help Ukraine undertake much needed reforms.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @10 am
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'