Ukraine plane with 7 on board crashes in Sahara
Algiers: A Ukrainian plane with seven people on board crashed in the Algerian Sahara in the early hours of Saturday, the Algeria Press Service reported.
The Antonov 12 cargo plane, which was heading towards Equatorial Guinea, crashed near the borders of Mali and Niger at around 2:00 am (0100 GMT), APS said, citing an official.
It had earlier made a stopover for unspecified technical reasons at the airport at Tamanrasset, an Algerian city deep inside the Sahara, the report added.
Rescuers had found the debris of the plane in a mountainous area in the south but there was no immediate word on the fate of those on board, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price