Kiev: Ukraine on Saturday reported the death of one soldier as clashes with pro-Russian separatists continue in the country's war-torn east despite a shaky truce.
Military spokesman Andriy Lysenko said a further nine servicemen had been wounded in the past 24 hours of fighting.
Ukrainian officials said three civilians were also injured in overnight shelling in Dzerzhynsk, a government-controlled town some 50 kilometres from the rebels' de facto capital, Donetsk.
The separatists' official website in turn said two civilians in Donetsk were injured by shelling from Ukrainian forces.
The United Nations estimates the conflict has killed more than 6,800 people from April 2014 and has driven at least 1.4 million from their homes.
In February, a peace deal reached in Minsk called for the withdrawal of heavy arms from the frontline. The shelling has continued, although the conflict zone that sees daily attacks has grown smaller over time.