Ukraine to evacuate 24 nationals from Syria
Kiev: Ukraine will evacuate another 24 nationals from Syria, the foreign ministry said Tuesday.
Over 500 Ukrainians have left Syria since July last year.
About 500 Ukrainian nationals remain in Syria at present, said Yevhen Perebiynis, acting director of the foreign ministry`s Information Policy Department.
Russia last week evacuated 77 nationals from Syria, mostly women and children, in a move that prompted US State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland to say that Moscow was losing faith in the Syrian regime.
Syria has been locked in a civil war since demonstrations broke out against President Bashar al-Assad in March 2011. According to UN estimates, at least 60,000 people have been killed in the conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand