Ukraine to evacuate 24 nationals from Syria
Kiev: Ukraine will evacuate another 24 nationals from Syria, the foreign ministry said Tuesday.
Over 500 Ukrainians have left Syria since July last year.
About 500 Ukrainian nationals remain in Syria at present, said Yevhen Perebiynis, acting director of the foreign ministry`s Information Policy Department.
Russia last week evacuated 77 nationals from Syria, mostly women and children, in a move that prompted US State Department spokeswoman Victoria Nuland to say that Moscow was losing faith in the Syrian regime.
Syria has been locked in a civil war since demonstrations broke out against President Bashar al-Assad in March 2011. According to UN estimates, at least 60,000 people have been killed in the conflict.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter