Ukraine`s forces say close to taking rebel-held Donetsk
Ukrainian government forces are preparing for the final stage of recapturing the city of Donetsk from pro-Russian separatist rebels after making significant gains that have divided rebel forces, a military spokesman said on Monday.
The spokesman, Andriy Lysenko, said Kiev`s forces had now cut Donetsk off from the other main rebel-held city of Luhansk on the border with Russia.
"The forces of the `anti-terrorist operation` are preparing for the final stage of liberating Donetsk. Our forces have completely cut Donetsk off from Luhansk.
We are working for liberating both towns but it`s better to liberate Donetsk first - it is more important," Lysenko told Reuters.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Vs Redmi Note 3: Check out the differences
- Attack on American University in Afghanistan leaves 13 dead
- Confirmed! Ranveer Singh to play Khilji in 'Padmavati' opposite Deepika Padukone—Deets inside
- BJP seeks FIR against Akhilesh, police officers for lathicharge
- Waarrior Savitri movie review: Ineffective and unimpressive