Ukraine`s Poroshenko hails start of dialogue with Russia amid crisis
Zee Media Bureau
Kiev: In what is being seen as a breakthrough, Ukraine`s President-elect Petro Poroshenko has hailed a meeting with the Russian President Vladimir Putin after recent tension between the two countries.
Putin has also called for ceasefire ahead of the talks which are due to be held on Sunday.
The meeting is scheduled to take place a day after Poroshenko will be sworn-in as the new leader of the country on Saturday.
Soon after being elected to the office, Poroshenko held a meeting on the sidelines during the D-Day commemoration ceremony in France with Putin.
The two leaders interacted for 15 minutes and discussed over defusing the crisis in the eastern Ukraine in the presence of German Chancellor Angela Merkel.
The billionaire chocolate tycoon was elected to the country`s top office after he secured 54.7 per cent of votes after winning the elections that were held in May.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH