Ukrainian president dismisses prime minister, cabinet
Kiev: Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and his cabinet, according to a presidential decree.
The cabinet, however, has been instructed to stay on in an acting role as interim government, post on the president`s website said Monday.
A number of government members, including Azarov, were elected to parliament in an election Oct 28. They were thus expected to step down from their cabinet posts.
Azarov had asked the president to dismiss those cabinet members, following their election.
He reportedly also tendered his resignation to the president, according to earlier media reports.
- NHRC issues notice to Rajasthan government over death of 11 children in home
- Delhi: 10-year-old boy dies due to overdose of Vitamin D
- Haryana: Groom injured in celebratory firing at wedding in Hissar
- Phase V of West Bengal Assembly polls starts today
- Discussion over Mamata Banerjee's close aide Firhad Hakim's 'mini Pakistan' comment
- AgustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: Fundamental question is 'who took the bribe', stresses Manohar Parrikar
- Kanhaiya Kumar is in Patna - know why
- WATCH: RPS vs GL - When Dwayne Bravo tried to 'intimidate' Mahendra Singh Dhoni during Match 25
- Fourteen killed in Nairobi floods and building collapse
- UN says North Korea accusations vs US troops 'unsubstantiated'