Ukrainian president dismisses prime minister, cabinet
Kiev: Ukrainian President Viktor Yanukovych has accepted the resignation of Prime Minister Mykola Azarov and his cabinet, according to a presidential decree.
The cabinet, however, has been instructed to stay on in an acting role as interim government, post on the president`s website said Monday.
A number of government members, including Azarov, were elected to parliament in an election Oct 28. They were thus expected to step down from their cabinet posts.
Azarov had asked the president to dismiss those cabinet members, following their election.
He reportedly also tendered his resignation to the president, according to earlier media reports.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH