UK’s greatest foes: Tipu Sultan, Rani of Jhansi
London: Tipu Sultan and Rani of Jhansi have
been included in a poll by the National Army Museum in London
to find Britain`s most formidable foes among 20 contrasting
personalities that share a common trait of giving the British
forces a tough time.
The poll, which includes 20 enemy commanders including
Tipu Sultan and Rani of Jhansi, seeks to find Britain`s most
formidable foes since the modern Army came into being in the
The list of enemy commanders includes the likes of Erwin
Rommel from Germany, Napoleon Bonaparte, Zulu warrior
Ntshingwayo kaMahole and Afghanistan`s Muhammad Akbar Khan.
Former US president George Washington, Mustafa Kemal
Ataturk of Turkey, Irish republican Michael Collins, Boer War
commander Louis Botha and Japanese World War II general
Tomoyuki Yamashita are also on the list.
The top five military leaders would be decided by the
online poll which closes on March 30, when historians will
make the final choice.
The favourites from the online survey so far are Irish
republican Michael Collins, French emperor Napoleon and
Germany`s field marshal Erwin Rommel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state
- Chennai road mishap: Seven more succumbs to injuries, death toll rises to 14