UN chemical weapons experts leave Damascus hotel
Damascus: A team of UN chemical weapons experts, in Syria to investigate alleged use of the banned arms, left their Damascus hotel on Thursday afternoon.
It was unclear where the team, which left in a three-car convoy, was headed.
The experts arrived in Syria yesterday on their second mission to the country, where they will examine some 14 alleged incidents involving the use of chemical weapons.
On their earlier mission, the team investigated an August 21 attack in the outskirts of Damascus that reportedly killed hundreds of people.
Its report, submitted to the United Nations, confirmed that sarin was used, but did not apportion blame for the attack.
Washington and other backers of the Syrian rebels have accused the Syrian regime of carrying out the attacks, a claim that the government denies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: You ripper! Unplayable magic ball leaves master batsman VVS Laxman completely exposed!
- IPL 2016, Match 30: Royal Challengers Bangalore vs Kolkata Knight Riders - Preview
- Sebi to up vigil to check misuse of investor money by brokers
- Three detained for murder of Hindu tailor in Bangladesh
- Electric transport policy on anvil for hilly terrains