UN chief asks for help to end Syrian conflict
United Nations: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called on all outside parties, especially countries in the Middle East, "to do all they can" to help end the Syrian conflict, Xinhua reported.
Ban made the appeal in an address to the UN General Assembly, which met Tuesday to discuss the prolonged crisis that has plagued Syria since March 2011.
"The continuing militarization of the conflict is deeply tragic and highly dangerous. I appeal to all outside parties, especially the countries in the region, to do all they can to end this trend," the UN chief was quoted as saying.
"Those who provide arms to either side are only contributing to further misery - and the risk of unintended consequences as the fighting intensified and spreads," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!