UN chief asks for help to end Syrian conflict
United Nations: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called on all outside parties, especially countries in the Middle East, "to do all they can" to help end the Syrian conflict, Xinhua reported.
Ban made the appeal in an address to the UN General Assembly, which met Tuesday to discuss the prolonged crisis that has plagued Syria since March 2011.
"The continuing militarization of the conflict is deeply tragic and highly dangerous. I appeal to all outside parties, especially the countries in the region, to do all they can to end this trend," the UN chief was quoted as saying.
"Those who provide arms to either side are only contributing to further misery - and the risk of unintended consequences as the fighting intensified and spreads," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH