UN chief asks for help to end Syrian conflict
United Nations: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called on all outside parties, especially countries in the Middle East, "to do all they can" to help end the Syrian conflict, Xinhua reported.
Ban made the appeal in an address to the UN General Assembly, which met Tuesday to discuss the prolonged crisis that has plagued Syria since March 2011.
"The continuing militarization of the conflict is deeply tragic and highly dangerous. I appeal to all outside parties, especially the countries in the region, to do all they can to end this trend," the UN chief was quoted as saying.
"Those who provide arms to either side are only contributing to further misery - and the risk of unintended consequences as the fighting intensified and spreads," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic