UN chief asks for help to end Syrian conflict
United Nations: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called on all outside parties, especially countries in the Middle East, "to do all they can" to help end the Syrian conflict, Xinhua reported.
Ban made the appeal in an address to the UN General Assembly, which met Tuesday to discuss the prolonged crisis that has plagued Syria since March 2011.
"The continuing militarization of the conflict is deeply tragic and highly dangerous. I appeal to all outside parties, especially the countries in the region, to do all they can to end this trend," the UN chief was quoted as saying.
"Those who provide arms to either side are only contributing to further misery - and the risk of unintended consequences as the fighting intensified and spreads," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- UEFA Europa League Draw: Groups, Fixtures, Top clashes – All you need to know!
- Beware! If you are woman and using elevator alone - WATCH Video
- Power Series Conclave on 'Make in India' organised by The Dollar Business on Aug 24
- Warning message on banned sites: ISPs run into technical issue
- M&M launches DiGiSense platform to access vital vehicle info