UN chief asks for help to end Syrian conflict
United Nations: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called on all outside parties, especially countries in the Middle East, "to do all they can" to help end the Syrian conflict, Xinhua reported.
Ban made the appeal in an address to the UN General Assembly, which met Tuesday to discuss the prolonged crisis that has plagued Syria since March 2011.
"The continuing militarization of the conflict is deeply tragic and highly dangerous. I appeal to all outside parties, especially the countries in the region, to do all they can to end this trend," the UN chief was quoted as saying.
"Those who provide arms to either side are only contributing to further misery - and the risk of unintended consequences as the fighting intensified and spreads," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband