UN chief backs Hiroshima`s plan for nuke-free world
New York: Hiroshima Gov Hidehiko Yuzaki
has said that UN Secretary General Ban Ki Moon backed his
"Hiroshima for Global Peace" plan.
"Secretary General Ban Ki Moon expressed first his own
personal commitment to disarmament for the nuclear issue and
he said that he will also support our plan," Yuzaki told
reporters after the meeting at UN headquarters.
"So I think that is a big push for us," said Yuzaki.
"Yuzaki seeks to contribute to global peace using
Hiroshima`s experience of destruction by the first atomic
bomb, and reconstruction from its ashes," according to a press
"Benefiting from our experience of regenerating from the
ashes of the A-bomb, Hiroshima will make all-out efforts to
build a peaceful global community free from nuclear weapons,"
On August 6, 1945, the US dropped the world`s first
nuclear bomb over Hiroshima in the closing days of World War
II. Three days later another bomb was detonated over Nagasaki.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof