UN chief Ban Ki-Moon urges full probe of Malaysia plane crash
United Nations: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called for a full international investigation of the Malaysia Airlines disaster in east Ukraine.
"There is clearly a need for a full, transparent and international investigation," Ban told reporters yesterday. He offered condolences to the victims` families.
Malaysian Airlines flight MH17, carrying nearly 3;00 people from Amsterdam en route to Kuala Lumpur crashed earlier in rebel-held eastern Ukraine near the Russian border, with Kiev saying it was shot down in a "terrorist" attack.
US officials said it was shot down by a surface-to-air missile but it was unclear who fired the weapon.
Britain has called for a UN-led investigation and is seeking an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss the crisis in eastern Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees