UN chief Ban Ki-Moon urges full probe of Malaysia plane crash
United Nations: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called for a full international investigation of the Malaysia Airlines disaster in east Ukraine.
"There is clearly a need for a full, transparent and international investigation," Ban told reporters yesterday. He offered condolences to the victims` families.
Malaysian Airlines flight MH17, carrying nearly 3;00 people from Amsterdam en route to Kuala Lumpur crashed earlier in rebel-held eastern Ukraine near the Russian border, with Kiev saying it was shot down in a "terrorist" attack.
US officials said it was shot down by a surface-to-air missile but it was unclear who fired the weapon.
Britain has called for a UN-led investigation and is seeking an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss the crisis in eastern Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach