UN chief Ban Ki-Moon urges full probe of Malaysia plane crash
United Nations: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has called for a full international investigation of the Malaysia Airlines disaster in east Ukraine.
"There is clearly a need for a full, transparent and international investigation," Ban told reporters yesterday. He offered condolences to the victims` families.
Malaysian Airlines flight MH17, carrying nearly 3;00 people from Amsterdam en route to Kuala Lumpur crashed earlier in rebel-held eastern Ukraine near the Russian border, with Kiev saying it was shot down in a "terrorist" attack.
US officials said it was shot down by a surface-to-air missile but it was unclear who fired the weapon.
Britain has called for a UN-led investigation and is seeking an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council to discuss the crisis in eastern Ukraine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- Rising snowfall in Antarctic may help offset global sea-level surge
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti