UN chief in Baghdad to meet Iraqi leaders
Baghdad: UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon arrived here Thursday on an official visit to Iraq.
"UN Secretary General Ban Ki-moon arrives in Baghdad on an official visit, as part of his tour in the Middle East," Xinhua quoted the state-run Iraqiya channel as stating.
Ban is expected to meet with outgoing Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki, newly-elected Speaker Salim al-Jubouri and other top officials, the channel said.
Ban`s visit is aimed at discussing the latest developments in the country, including the formation of a new government, and urging the political leaders to adhere to the constitutional timetable of the political process, it said.
The UN chief last visited Iraq Jan 13.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre