UN chief says Syria`s chemical weapons can be dismantled without full ceasefire
Washington: Syria`s chemical weapons arsenal can be dismantled as quickly as possible, even without a full ceasefire, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has said.
At a press conference, which was dominated by questions regarding a report on the use of chemical weapons in Syria, he said that the process of verifying and destroying the chemical weapons can be done expeditiously if there is a political will.
When asked about whether the work can be pulled off without a full ceasefire, the UN chief voiced confidence but also acknowledged "it is a very difficult process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- CRPF trooper killed in landslide near Vaishno Devi shrine
- Defamation case: Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- PM Narendra Modi assures round the clock assistance to flood-hit Varanasi
- How Ola, Uber allowed to run on tourist permit? HC asks govt
- Shiv Sena taunts PM Narendra Modi over arrest of Baloch leaders