UN chief says Syria`s chemical weapons can be dismantled without full ceasefire
Washington: Syria`s chemical weapons arsenal can be dismantled as quickly as possible, even without a full ceasefire, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has said.
At a press conference, which was dominated by questions regarding a report on the use of chemical weapons in Syria, he said that the process of verifying and destroying the chemical weapons can be done expeditiously if there is a political will.
When asked about whether the work can be pulled off without a full ceasefire, the UN chief voiced confidence but also acknowledged "it is a very difficult process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'