UN chief says Syria`s chemical weapons can be dismantled without full ceasefire
Washington: Syria`s chemical weapons arsenal can be dismantled as quickly as possible, even without a full ceasefire, UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has said.
At a press conference, which was dominated by questions regarding a report on the use of chemical weapons in Syria, he said that the process of verifying and destroying the chemical weapons can be done expeditiously if there is a political will.
When asked about whether the work can be pulled off without a full ceasefire, the UN chief voiced confidence but also acknowledged "it is a very difficult process.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'