UN chief seeks diplomatic solution to Iran N-issue
New York: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki- moon has regretted that Iran and the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) are yet to reach agreement on resolving Iran `s nuclear issue, and pressed for a "diplomatic and negotiated solution" to the prolonged problem.
"It is regrettable that Iran has [is] yet to reach agreement with the IAEA on a plan to resolve all outstanding issues," reported Xinhua citing Ban as saying in a statement issued here on Friday.
The secretary-general made the statement in response to the latest quarterly report by the IAEA on Iran`s disputed nuclear programme.
The IAEA report said on Friday that Iran is hindering the UN nuclear watchdog`s inspection of its Parchin military complex, a possible site being used for suspected nuclear weapon development.
The report also noted that Iran has doubled its capacity to refine uranium, saying it is unclear about its purposes of the development. Iran insists its nuclear programme is only for peaceful means, and they will not give up their right to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why