UN chief, UK PM meet on global challenges
New York: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and British Prime Minister David Cameron have exchanged views on the current global challenges, a Downing Street spokesman said.
The meeting kicked off on Wednesday evening after Cameron`s first visit to the UN Headquarters in New York as Prime Minister, Xinhua reported.
"It was a meeting of minds on the full range of current global challenges," the spokesman said in an e-mailed message to the press here.
"The leaders agreed that the current strategy in Afghanistan was right, and that a political surge was an essential part of the next phase of the campaign," the spokesman said.
"On global poverty, they agreed that the September Millennium Development Goals Summit was a vital opportunity to get the world back on track to meet its commitments to the most vulnerable on the planet," the spokesman said.
"The Prime Minister and the Secretary-General also discussed the Middle East," the message said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened