UN chief, UK PM meet on global challenges
New York: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and British Prime Minister David Cameron have exchanged views on the current global challenges, a Downing Street spokesman said.
The meeting kicked off on Wednesday evening after Cameron`s first visit to the UN Headquarters in New York as Prime Minister, Xinhua reported.
"It was a meeting of minds on the full range of current global challenges," the spokesman said in an e-mailed message to the press here.
"The leaders agreed that the current strategy in Afghanistan was right, and that a political surge was an essential part of the next phase of the campaign," the spokesman said.
"On global poverty, they agreed that the September Millennium Development Goals Summit was a vital opportunity to get the world back on track to meet its commitments to the most vulnerable on the planet," the spokesman said.
"The Prime Minister and the Secretary-General also discussed the Middle East," the message said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country