UN chief, UK PM meet on global challenges
New York: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and British Prime Minister David Cameron have exchanged views on the current global challenges, a Downing Street spokesman said.
The meeting kicked off on Wednesday evening after Cameron`s first visit to the UN Headquarters in New York as Prime Minister, Xinhua reported.
"It was a meeting of minds on the full range of current global challenges," the spokesman said in an e-mailed message to the press here.
"The leaders agreed that the current strategy in Afghanistan was right, and that a political surge was an essential part of the next phase of the campaign," the spokesman said.
"On global poverty, they agreed that the September Millennium Development Goals Summit was a vital opportunity to get the world back on track to meet its commitments to the most vulnerable on the planet," the spokesman said.
"The Prime Minister and the Secretary-General also discussed the Middle East," the message said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video
- Asia markets move cautiously ahead of bank meetings
- Bernie Sanders says Hillary Clinton `must become` next US president