UN chief urges Iran to allay nuclear concerns
Tehran: UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Thursday urged Iran to allay international concerns over its controversial nuclear program.
For the safety of the region and the world, Iran should take measures and build mutual trust to allay international concerns, said Ban.
This can be done through cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), said the UN secretary-general.
Ban made the remarks in the 16th Non-Aligned Movement Summit opened here in Tehran.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Air India Mumbai-Newark flight diverted to Kazakhstan
- Laver Cup: Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal to play doubles together
- Scorpene submarine data leak: French ex-naval officer's hand suspected; 'serious matter', says Opposition
- No U-turn by Rahul Gandhi on RSS role: Digivjay Singh
- US Open: After clinching second Olympic gold, Andy Murray eyes fourth Grand Slam title