UN chief urges reconciliation in Libya
New York: Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging Libyan rebel leaders to promote reconciliation and national unity.
UN deputy spokesman Farhan Haq said Ban delivered that message to Mustafa Abdel-Jalil, head of the rebel National Transitional Council, during a phone call on Tuesday.
Haq said Abdel-Jalil assured the secretary-general that the National Transitional Council would take the issues of national unity, reconciliation and inclusiveness seriously.
He said Abdel-Jalil emphasised the significance of UN support in the post-conflict period in Libya.
Ban is hosting a meeting of key regional organisations to plan for post-conflict Libya on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- Arjun Tendulkar included in U-16 West Zone team for inter-zonal tourney
- Camry Hybrid, Ciaz, Ertiga to cost less in Delhi after VAT cut
- In Pics: Remember 'Hip Hip Hurray'? This is what its star-cast looks like now!
- Champions League final goal like losing virginity – Sergio Ramos
- Madhur Bhandarkar takes expert advice from Subramanian Swamy for film on emergency? View pics