UN chief urges reconciliation in Libya
New York: Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging Libyan rebel leaders to promote reconciliation and national unity.
UN deputy spokesman Farhan Haq said Ban delivered that message to Mustafa Abdel-Jalil, head of the rebel National Transitional Council, during a phone call on Tuesday.
Haq said Abdel-Jalil assured the secretary-general that the National Transitional Council would take the issues of national unity, reconciliation and inclusiveness seriously.
He said Abdel-Jalil emphasised the significance of UN support in the post-conflict period in Libya.
Ban is hosting a meeting of key regional organisations to plan for post-conflict Libya on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Rio Olympics 2016: Stupid to talk about hockey team's medal hopes, says Viren Rasquinha
- Putting past discrimination behind, Dutee Chand targets medal at Rio Olympics
- PM Narendra Modi posts video message on Facebook; it's MUST WATCH for UP residents
- Two more arrested over links with Nice attacker
- Rajinikanth thanks fans for 'Kabali' success with THIS sweetest gesture! - Details inside