UN chief urges reconciliation in Libya
New York: Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging Libyan rebel leaders to promote reconciliation and national unity.
UN deputy spokesman Farhan Haq said Ban delivered that message to Mustafa Abdel-Jalil, head of the rebel National Transitional Council, during a phone call on Tuesday.
Haq said Abdel-Jalil assured the secretary-general that the National Transitional Council would take the issues of national unity, reconciliation and inclusiveness seriously.
He said Abdel-Jalil emphasised the significance of UN support in the post-conflict period in Libya.
Ban is hosting a meeting of key regional organisations to plan for post-conflict Libya on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September