UN chief urges reconciliation in Libya
New York: Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging Libyan rebel leaders to promote reconciliation and national unity.
UN deputy spokesman Farhan Haq said Ban delivered that message to Mustafa Abdel-Jalil, head of the rebel National Transitional Council, during a phone call on Tuesday.
Haq said Abdel-Jalil assured the secretary-general that the National Transitional Council would take the issues of national unity, reconciliation and inclusiveness seriously.
He said Abdel-Jalil emphasised the significance of UN support in the post-conflict period in Libya.
Ban is hosting a meeting of key regional organisations to plan for post-conflict Libya on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- New SC bench to hear 1993 Mumbai bomb blasts convict Yakub Memon's plea on Wednesday