UN chief urges reconciliation in Libya
New York: Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon is urging Libyan rebel leaders to promote reconciliation and national unity.
UN deputy spokesman Farhan Haq said Ban delivered that message to Mustafa Abdel-Jalil, head of the rebel National Transitional Council, during a phone call on Tuesday.
Haq said Abdel-Jalil assured the secretary-general that the National Transitional Council would take the issues of national unity, reconciliation and inclusiveness seriously.
He said Abdel-Jalil emphasised the significance of UN support in the post-conflict period in Libya.
Ban is hosting a meeting of key regional organisations to plan for post-conflict Libya on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- If Arvind Subramanian is asset for BJP govt, will suspend 'sacking' demand: Subramanian Swamy
- Indonesian President sails to South China Sea islands in message to Beijing
- Pope risks Turkey`s ire with Armenia trip
- Akshay Kumar backs Sonakshi Sinha, says can't wait for 'Akira'!
- Andy Murray re-hiring Ivan Lendl was no surprise, says wary Novak Djokovic